So, managed to get everything installed and working great yesterday, really fought with the Cisco VPN client, but I eventually managed to get it working (or so I thought!) installed all windows updates before shutting down last night .. arrived at the office a little earlier this morning, turn my laptop on, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!, happened a few times yesterday while I was fiddling with the Cisco VPN client so I figured I’d just repair it and try again, only, this time I was not so lucky..
To cut a long and frustrating story short: Windows 7 rebuilt and looking good again..
For the Cisco VPN client, I tried many things, this is how I managed to get it to work:
- Install Citrix DNEupdate
- Take ownership and delete ndis.sys (in c:\windows\system32\drivers).
- Take ownership and delete ndis.sys.mui (in c:\windows\system32\drivers\en-us).
- Install Cisco VPN Client 5.0.04.0300.
- Windows 7 will repair itself (should take a few seconds) and automatically reboot.
- Cisco VPN Client should work without any other tweaks.