Ross Smith IV announced the release of Exchange Server 2013 RTM Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) on the Exchange Team blog earlier today.
In addition to bug fixes, Exchange 2013 RTM CU2 introduces enhancements in the following areas:
- Per-server database support – increased from 50 to 100 databases
- OWA Redirection – adds single sign-on when FBA is used on source and target
- High Availability – introduces the new “DAG Management Service”
- Improvements to Managed Availability
- Cmdlet Help – introduces Update-ExchangeHelp cmdlet to update local Shell help
- OWA Search Improvements
- Malware Filter Rules – introduces the –MalwareFilterRule cmdlets
He also announced that the Exchange Product Group is in the final validation stages to support Windows Azure for Witness Server placement. There has been much talk about leveraging Windows Azure for things like Witness Servers lately, so this is quite an exciting announcement for many organizations.
Exchange 2013 CU2 does include schema changes so I highly recommend reading the upgrading/deploying section before attempting to implement it. The download is available here.