If you have a Exchange Hybrid deployment configured and attempt to create a new remote move request you may receive an ”Exception has been thrown by the target of invocation” error similar to the one below.
Here are a few things you can check in order to help troubleshoot this error:
- Have you enabled MRSProxy?
- Have you correctly set the EWS “External URL” (WebServicesVirtualDirectory)?
- Do you have a certificate installed that contains the DNS name used in the EWS “External URL”?
- Are you entering the correct FQDN in the MRSProxy field of the new remote move request wizard?
- Are you using TMG/ISA to publish EWS? If so, ensure that you are not using authentication delegation on the following paths:
- Are you seeing “405” errors in the IIS log on the Exchange Hybrid server? If so, see KB2626696